BL2 Biologist 2
Department of Natural Resources and Northern Development
Wildlife Branch, Resource Management and Protection
Advertisement Number: 39984
Salary(s): BL2 $67,242.00 – $84,772.00 per year
Closing Date: November 13, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar full-time regular or term positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive benefits package, which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long-term disability, supportive employment program, maternity and parental leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License
- Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends and overtime as required
- Must be able to travel to remote locations, including occasional overnight accommodation
- Must be able to work for extended periods within the Province of Manitoba travelling by various means such as aircraft, boat, snowmobile and ATV
- Graduation from a Biology, Wildlife Management or Resource Management program or a related program with related work experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may also be considered.
- Experience developing and managing wildlife programs.
- Experience using GIS applications.
- Experience collecting, managing and analyzing field data.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) or equivalent software applications.
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Experience working with Indigenous Communities.
Under the general supervision of the Regional Wildlife Manager, the incumbent will plan, coordinate, organize and supervise regional wildlife research and management programs in the Northwest and Northeast Region with specific focus on forest/wildlife and species at risk (caribou) files. The incumbent will also assist in the development and delivery of all other wildlife programming including commercial wildlife allocation, wildlife habitat assessment, wildlife disease, population monitoring, season setting and non-game management.
Advertisement # 39984
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source