Workforce Development Consultant
XO3 Administrative Officer 3
Economic Development & Jobs
Industry Workforce Development , Industry Programs and Partnerships
Advertisement Number: 37991
Salary(s): XO3 $57,344.00 – $71,586.00 per year
Closing Date: August 8, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Manitoba and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be able to travel throughout Manitoba.
- Must have a valid Manitoba class 5 driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources, Business or related field or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Experience in human resource (HR) management and/or performing HR advisory/consulting services including workforce training and development practices, particularly for small and medium sized businesses
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, such as business and industry, sector councils, industry organizations and other government departments
- Experience providing in-depth analysis of project or funding proposals, including recommendations
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight timelines, and manage a varied workload with changing priorities
- Ability to work in an environment that at times can be ambiguous
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to identify risks/mitigations, and develop solutions
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to advocate on behalf of businesses and government
- Strong oral communication skills with the ability to deliver messages through different mediums such as speaking to a committee, board meetings, one on one meetings, etc.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write concisely for a variety of stakeholders such as senior management, other government departments, businesses, etc.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to read, understand and analyze cash flow reports, and other commonly used financial reporting documents
- Knowledge of adult education and training needs assessment principles
- Knowledge of board governance
The Workforce Development Consultant (WDC) is responsible for guiding the human resource development of provincial sector councils, industry associations and third party organizations; and human resource consulting services to business and industry in Manitoba. This role provides direction and consulting support to these clients on development, implementation, and evaluation of initiatives to address workforce development and training needs. The WDC participates on multiple human resource planning and training committees and provides assistance with the development of long-term training plans in response to identified workforce development needs.
The WDC assesses the human resource needs of industries and employers. The assessment involves evaluation of funding proposals from sector councils/industry associations, third party service providers and employers; negotiation of high level funding supports and program delivery parameters; contract management; and monitoring, evaluation and reporting on outcomes, with the objective of increasing competitiveness through stimulating economic growth within the province.
Advertisement # 37991
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source