Garden Valley School Division
is recruiting for:
Workplace Safety & Health Coordinator
100% Permanent, 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday
School Board Office, Winkler, MB
Start Date: Immediately
Posting # 01-WSH-20
Garden Valley School Division is a dynamic and visionary school district located in the heartland of south-central Manitoba. The Division is governed by a nine member School Board and is committed to continually building trusting relationships and servant leadership.
The City of Winkler has all the amenities of a larger city within a rural setting. Winkler is the economic and industrial hub of the area and is home to the Division’s School Board Administrative office, two high schools and five of its thirteen primary/elementary schools. It is a seventy-five minute drive south of the capital, Winnipeg, and twenty minutes north of the United States border.
Under the supervision and direction of the Secretary-Treasurer, the Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) Coordinator is responsible for the development and maintenance of the school division’s safety and health program. This position will direct divisional initiatives and support our schools and site-based committees in all aspects of the Safety & Health Program including hazard identification, safe work procedures, developing and delivering safety training programs.
- Develop and implement the division’s safety and health program through policy and procedural development and creation of the divisional safety and health manual; ensure all regulatory policies and programs meet legislated requirements.
- Establish, monitor, and provide leadership over health and safety procedures for the efficient and effective operation of the Workplace Safety & Health Department
- Develops, recommends and implements new procedures and processes to meet the requirements of government legislation and/or the needs of the School Division.
- Demonstrated commitment to servant leadership and building trusting relationships
- Past successful experience and/or post-secondary training in a workplace safety and health role
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Certification as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional
- Ability to assess and analyze situations quickly and respond appropriately based on relevant safety regulations.
- Strong work ethic
For a complete job description and wage information, please contact Shayne Thomson, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
Candidates are invited to submit a current resume detailing qualifications, experience, and/or other relevant information including three professional references.
All resumes are to specify posting number 01-WSH-20. Electronic applications are preferred; however, submissions can be received by fax, by regular mail, or in person to:
Human Resources Department
Garden Valley School Division
Box 1330, 750 Triple E Boulevard, Winkler, MB R6W 4B3
Telephone: (204) 325-8335 Fax: (204) 325-4132 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Open until Filled
Clear criminal record and child abuse registry checks are required of all employees of the School Division. Garden Valley School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references. We thank all for applying and only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged. Accessibility resources will be provided on request.
View original article here Source