Job Title: Youth Support Guidance Worker
Type of Position: Support Staff
Job Type: Full-Time (1.0 FTE 7 hrs/day, Mon-Fri ) Term
Job Advertisement #:2022MCI037
Location: Morden Collegiate Institute
Employment Dates: September 6, 2022– June 30, 2023
Salary : $16.80 – $23.63 / hour depending on qualifications
Closing Date: Application review will begin August 15, 2022, and continue until the position has been filled.
Morden Collegiate Institute (MCI) and École Morden Middle School (ÉMMS), in Western School Division, are looking for a Youth Support Guidance Worker to assume duties of providing support to the schools’ Counselling and Guidance Services during the school year.
The successful candidate must:
• have completed and acquired either: Applied Counselling Certificate; or Addictions Counsellor Certificate; Child and Youth Care Certificate; or a comparable certificate;
• support a youth support and counselling program for grade 7-12 students with direction from school administrators and professional guidance staff;
• be able to relate to adolescents;
• be able to demonstrate encouragement, enthusiasm and support for students who present with multiple needs;
• have an awareness and knowledge of the connection between mental health and addictions;
• design and deliver proactive health and wellness programs to help youth in our school community with direction from school administrators and professional guidance staff;
• have the ability to act as a liaison with school staff, parents and the community for programming and support;
• demonstrate excellent verbal and interpersonal skills; and
• demonstrate a willingness and ability to work in a team-oriented approach.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source